18 March 2019
Artificial Intelligence is here, but are we all being wildly optimistic? The public has no idea what they are getting themselves into -- the benefits, the horrors and the "meh" -- here is speaker and UC Berkeley alumni Bjorn Austraat's humorous take (but it's all true, which is why it's funny):
FOUR THINGS TO DO IN AI TO DRAMATICALLY INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF FLAMING OUT QUICKLY AND UNPROFITABLY
A - Arrogance - Your solution will be the most disruptive, game-changing, revolutionary, paradigm-shifting, never-before-seen breakthrough ever. Nobody, and definitely not people who have lived through at least two other hype cycles, "gets it." Rip & replace, don't augment.
B - Business magic - Focus on a magical business model that shows infinite scalability with minimal customer acquisition costs, little or no regulatory obstacles, and a hockey-stick market penetration curve. Complicated formulas and multi-hundred tab spreadsheets with lots of assumptions a plus.
C - Communication - Impress investors, customers and the general public with imposing AI words like "neural network distributed deep learning,' "feature engineering at exabyte scale" and the like. AI communication is a combat sport and you should try to overwhelm your "opponent" with as many obscure and intimidating technical terms as efficiently as possible.
D - Distribution- Pesky sales and distribution planning only slows down the disruptive AI entrepreneur. Don't bother with minutiae like sales enablement, effective collateral creation etc.
Our five amazing expert panelists will delve into the nonsense, the reality, the timing and the $$ in a think-tank type discussion.
Our Expert Panelists:
1. Bjorn Austraat, IBM Global, Cognitive Leader | Senior Applied AI and Machine Learning Executive (fr. visionary & strategy IBM Watson)
2. Gale Brewer, MANHATTAN BOROUGH President, Tech & Government Expert
3. Luke Schantz, Developer Advocate Innovation, Emerging Tech & Entrepreneurship & Robot Expert! IBM
4. Nina Kaplan, Founder & CEO of Tech, Blockchain & AI Solutions Expert, Sholz GmbH
5. Sep DiMeglio, Developer Audiences / Tech / AI & Robot Advocate! MICROSOFT