21 February 2018
Android Things gives you the ability to connect all your IoT devices! You can write Android Things code the same way you write your current Android apps using Kotlin or Java in the way you're familiar with.
In these workshops you will have several sensors, IoT devices and Android Things kits available to you. We'll spend some time with a short introduction to Android Things and initial setup. After that, you will have some guidelines to follow on how to integrate your favorite IoT or Cloud tool using Android Things.
You will need to bring your own laptop and charger. If you have an Android Things kit or a Raspberry Pi 3 board, feel free to bring it so that more people can benefit the kits we have!
You'll have chance to work on one of the following:
• Firebase and Android Things
• Using the inputs and outputs of the rainbow hat on Android Things
• Connect your phone and Android Things with Google’s Nearby
• Integrating the Philips Hue with your Android Things
• Connect your Arduino and Android Things
• Reading data from sensors and sending data to actuators using Android Things
We'll start with some food and drinks at 6pm and continue with the codelabs at 6:30pm.
Important: This is the first part of a series of 2 workshops! Register for the other workshop at https://www.meetup.com/gdglondon/events/246888344