Global day of Coderetreat is an opportunity to spend a day focusing on howwe write software, whether you're new to software development or have been doing it for years.
- The day consists of 5-6 sessions of about 45 mins each
- During each session, you will work with different partners to discuss and solve a simple programming problem: Conway's Game of Life
- Some sessions will introduce restrictions to force you to consider different approaches (i.e. no 'if' statements, ping-pong approach, etc.)
- The aim of each session is to learn something, not necessarily to solve the problem. You can use whatever language you like, but at the end of each session you must throw away your code!
- Each session will end with a retrospective where everyone will discuss what they have learned
- At the end of the day, a final retrospective gets everyone to think about what they have learned, what has surprised them and what they would try to do differently moving forward
- All you need to bring is a laptop and some enthusiasm!