6 September 2018
The number of opportunities for software engineers is booming but to get a mid-level position and above requires a special kind of preparation. In this interactive workshop led by Codesmith CEO and Frontend Masters teacher, Will Sentance, we will cover:
1. The 5 key skills that you must have in order to succeed in the job search for a mid-level software engineer position
2. How to effectively whiteboard through the typical coding challenges that make up 50% of most technical interviews
The session will help you:
• Identify your career and role priorities - for example, are you most interested in a career as a backend or frontend developer, within an established corporation or a new start-up?
• Understand and prepare the five key skills that you must have in order to succeed in the job search for software engineering positions
• Understand how to approach the job search so you find the job that is best suited to your skills and aspirations.
• Whiteboarding - working through coding problems on a whiteboard is a crucial part of most interviews. You'll see how to effectively whiteboard and work through problems live in pairs
See you at what promises to be an unmissable evening for anyone pursuing employment as a software engineer!