7 December 2019
In short: join us to work on your coding projects in this casual and supportive group code study session! We have optional featured challenges each week (see below), but coders of all languages, projects, and experience levels are welcome.
Some of us will be working on some more advanced content but everyone is welcome, even the absolute beginner. Whatever your level, this is a great place to focus on your coding work and ask-and-answer burning programming questions.
• Bring your own machine
• When you've finished enough Codecademy content to be comfortable with coding your way out of a problem, we invite you to jump on the Codewars platform
• you will be given a list of problems with a related score attached to each one of them
• problems will vary A LOT in difficulty, having room for beginners who have only recently started Codecademy, as well as more advanced coders
• your goal is to score as much as possible within the day
• fair-play is important, so, if you have already done some kata, just say so to get a replacement one of about the same difficulty
• Googling, pair-programming and anything else is ok - the main goal remains to learn and hone your own skills, keep that in mind!
• We're all here to learn together – fear not about asking questions on syntax, basic JS or more
If you have other work you want to focus on, feel free to bring it but note that other attendees may not be able to help you as much on anything outside of Codecademy content and our featured work of the week (this week's Codewars katas)