13 June 2019
The talks at the event are from members of the BYOP community and guests representing different engineering initiatives and points of view.
We're a very inclusive meetup representing a diverse community of awesome engineers! >:D
Please Note: Guests of attendees need to register in advance due to Lloyds Banking Group requiring names and contact upfront of the event.
- FinOS will join the BYOP to represent Financial Services Open Source and the great work happening in the foundation to join Banking and FinTech together through code
- James McLeod, Software Engineering Lead, Lloyds Banking Group - From Zero to Everything in 15 Minutes - Using LBG's InnerSource Constellation library, James will "attempt" to create a Lloyds React application in 15 minutes or less! :D
- Alexander Cannon, CEO Farpoint Labs - Managing Risk in Financial ReactJS Applications: Automating the management of Risk & Compliance with and a little history lesson about why financial organisations perceive risk the way they do!
- Sophie Koonin, Web Engineer, Monzo Bank - React + GraphQL at Monzo - At Monzo, we’ve been migrating our React-based internal products to GraphQL using Apollo’s open source libraries, with automatically-generated Flow types for type safety. We’ll talk you through how we’ve been doing it and share some of the challenges along the way.
- Jonny Wolfson - CTO, Adaptable Tools - Reacting to Finance’s Data Challenge with Adaptable Blotter - Advanced financial users manage multiple, large, data sets in a flexible manner that should be optimised accordingly. Built with React and Redux, Adaptable Blotter, creates re-usable, saveable, functional components which help banks move their critical applications from the traditional desktop to the browser.