13 September 2019
A joint event from Tech for Good Live and Flourish for women changemakers (both those with tech experience and those without) exploring how tech and social good can work together to create the right solutions to the right problems. What practical steps can we do next to connect the Flourish and Tech for Good Live communities?
Tech for Good Live is an organisation looking to help people use tech to make social change. We have a local community in Manchester of tech and charity types who meet monthly, and a weekly podcast.
Flourish are an organisation who support Women changemakers to make the change they want to see with peer-learning, mentoring and investment.
5:00 Arrival for food, drinks and networking (Children welcome!)
- We have alcohol, non alcohol, vegetarian and vegan. Feel free to bring your own.
- If you don't fancy networking, the venue has plenty of space for you to sit and chill.
5:30 Intro and Panel Discussion
- Bex Rae-Evans - Founder of Tech for Good Live & service designer for social good at Reply
- More TBC
Covering topics such as:
- Where should social innovation come from?
- Are tech organisations equip to solve social problems?
- Should the social sector be using tech better? Or using more tech?
- What’s the best way we can work together?
6:15 - Discussion sessions
Round table conversations and connection building thinking about how we might work better together. Some suggested next steps and opportunities for practical things to build on across our worlds.
6:45 - Feedback/plenary and next steps
7:00 - lightening talks
7:15 - followed by more time for drinks and chatting.
8:00 - event close
We'll also have space for brief "lightning" talks on the night, where anyone will have a chance to speak for up to 3 minutes on something that helps more people do good with tech.