2 April 2019
Topic: The struggle between management and developers over technical debt
Presenters: Colm O'Connor and Dafydd Rees
Host: Tom Anderson
Developers' perspectives and management perspectives on technical
debt are vastly different and often in conflict.
* Should developers just put up with hellishly bad code? Should they stop
whining and just get it done?
* Is code quality solely developers' responsibility?
* When is okay to write bad code? When it is a *good* idea to write bad
* If you don't understand the code, is it just because you're not l33t
* How do we tie managers' reputations to the level (or lack) of code
* How do we reconcile the needs, perspectives and concerns of all sides?