Open Source has become the technology that businesses of all sizes have begun to build their strategies around.
The days when apps were just built for smartphones is over now and we have a plethora of connected TVs, IoT devices in our homes, location based services, augmented reality, small business, utility, AI embedded and payment apps.
2017 seems to have been the year of DevOps so far but one wonders how many companies have been influenced by the hype without really realising where they should be heading and how.
£55,000 per annum
Are you a passionate and innovative PHP Developer who wants to learn or work with Golang for a niche, cloud-based product for a rapidly growing, market leader?
· Full training in Go if required
· Work with an internationally niche product
· Work fully remote (Must still be UK based for the occasional sprint meeting!)
Current Company Tech Stack:
Golang (new services), PHP 7+, Symfony 4+, Terraform/Docker/ElasticSearch, VueJS, AWS, TDD (PHPUnit + Go-Test)
How will you help?
As a PHP Developer you will be writing new Golang services and applications to add to the functionality of the products, whilst maintaining legacy PHP + Symfony systems until they are also migrated to Golang. You will be able to handle and take ownership of projects whilst maintaining high standards and ensure code is sufficiently documented and tested.
Is this you?
You have been a successful Back-End PHP Developer/Engineer for several years and you are passionate about becoming a fully-fledged Golang Developer. You have a demonstrated ability to pick up new technologies with ease and you will not shy away from working on both the Back and Front-End.
What must you have?
· Expert level skills in PHP Coding
· Experience testing code (PHPUnit or Go-Test etc)
· Experience with SQL + NoSQL Databases
· Experience with AWS
· Good knowledge of the Front-End
· Effective communication and being able to add insight to development discussions
· A desire to learn and work with new technologies
It would be great if you also had
· Experience using Go
· Experience working with TDD
· Network and Cloud experience
What's in it for you?
· Exposure to the latest technologies
· Competitive salary
· Work remotely! (Still UK based)
· Full on the job training in Go
· Training and development opportunities in areas you may be lacking in
· Opportunity to work with an international market leader with a truly niche product
How do you get involved?
Press that button! If you would like to have a confidential chat to find out more about this PHP Developer opportunity, please call 0118 958 7667 and ask for me (I'm Jon!) or send me an email at email@example.com