Open Source has become the technology that businesses of all sizes have begun to build their strategies around.
The days when apps were just built for smartphones is over now and we have a plethora of connected TVs, IoT devices in our homes, location based services, augmented reality, small business, utility, AI embedded and payment apps.
2017 seems to have been the year of DevOps so far but one wonders how many companies have been influenced by the hype without really realising where they should be heading and how.
Scala, Clojure, Haskell, OCaml, F# & Erlang Recruitment
Introduction to the Company
My client provides a service for the top end of the NFT market. This includes a
white-labelled marketplace, and a number of associated products covering the entire
lifecycle of the digital assets. My client is working on a new offering which would allow any
corporation to gain exposure through selling NFTs with a gamified user experience that
removes any blockchain complexity.
We are hiring an experienced Node.Js developer to be part of a dynamic team designing
and developing a new offering, and enhancing various existing products.
We have ambitious plans, first-class partnerships, and are determined to succeed. We are
looking to significantly expand our agile global team with exceptional engineers.
● Take a holistic view of the web application codebase, ensuring secure, efficient and
error-free operation of the FE-BE-DB technology stack.
● Contribute clear and maintainable high-quality code and documentation thereof,
taking responsibility for the implementation of features end-to-end.
● Design and develop new functionality using appropriate components, libraries and
techniques finding optimal balance between speed, quality and cost.
● Ensure consistent application of development best practices throughout the
codebase and across teams.
● Provide guidance and feedback to junior engineers and contractors 'by example'
through personal professional excellence as well as via mentorship, design and
● Accurately estimate, prioritise, plan and manage own activities to deliver the most
value to the company through creation of valuable artefacts.
Candidate Specification - Technical Skills
● Prior hands-on experience with designing, developing and running in production
high-traffic e-commerce web applications on AWS infrastructure.
● Strong experience with NodeJS
● Experience using TDD Methodology and frameworks such as Jest, React Testing
● Experience of integration with Auth0 and/or other OAuth2 providers.
Job Description & Candidate Specification
● Experience of integrating with online payment services such as Stripe, Square,
Paypal, or others.
● Expert knowledge of web application back-end frameworks such as
Node.JS libraries and React State management, their comparative
● Ability to work with both SQL and NOSQL databases such as MongoDB or
● Strong understanding and experience with different web application architectural
paradigms, knowledge of building systems for performance, security and scaling.
● Experience with and knowledge of relevant AWS services and how to utilise them
in web applications such as EKS, EC2, S3, CloudFront, DocumentDB and others.
● Experience with system monitoring to manage stability of software in production.
● Experience with automated deployment using Terraform or Cloudformation is a
● Knowledge of or interest in blockchain technology.
● Willingness and ability to collaborate with others (internally and externally) in a
fast-paced, high-ambiguity startup environment.
● Autonomy, strong problem solving skills and desire to explore new technologies
and comprehend difficult concepts and code independently.
● Ability to quickly grasp complex problems, propose solutions and take ownership of
the development thereof to production quality.
● Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
● Prior experience in development web applications integrated with or built on top of
blockchains (ideally Polkadot or Ethereum).
● Understanding of blockchain ecosystem and development, such as wallets, gas
fees, transactions, NFTs, and the core concepts such as consensus,
decentralisation, and tokenomics protocols.
● Experience in building trading platforms, web stores, or large-scale social media
● Experience with highly scalable systems.