Open Source has become the technology that businesses of all sizes have begun to build their strategies around.
The days when apps were just built for smartphones is over now and we have a plethora of connected TVs, IoT devices in our homes, location based services, augmented reality, small business, utility, AI embedded and payment apps.
2017 seems to have been the year of DevOps so far but one wonders how many companies have been influenced by the hype without really realising where they should be heading and how.
Scala, Clojure, Haskell, OCaml, F# & Erlang Recruitment
Mid-Level Software Engineer
London 3 days per month
£60,000 per year
Are you a versatile Software Engineer with a broad knowledge of both the front and back end? Would you like a unique opportunity to build next generation applications as part of a dynamic team? If so, this fantastically flexible opportunity for an electrifying technology company within the digital platform engineering sector could be the role for you! With high profile clientele such as BT and EE this role is suited to a confident full stack developer who wishes to exercise their broad knowledge of the front and back end but primarily working within the PHP language with Symfony to design and develop applications that will ultimately be a part of the digital products portfolio.
This company offers exciting opportunities in terms of flexibility within the role along with a dynamic work environment to which you will constantly be learning.
The Mid-Level Software Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
· Oversee the planning, design and development of applications which will be part of the digital products portfolio.
· Write an efficient, clean and effective code with a cloud-native design.
· Be actively integrated in the full life cycle of the projects in terms of understanding contexts, suggesting concepts, planning and designing, development and deployment along with evolution and maintenance.
· Implementation of the solution using an array of technologies and languages.
· Work closely with the team lead, scrum master and product owners in delivering user stories promptly.
· Adopt and share company values along with displaying key behaviours consistently.
· Have a target-based goal that is taken into consideration when decision making.
The Mid-Level Software Engineer will have the following experience
· 6 years' experience as part of an Agile team.
· 3 years' experience building cloud native applications using microservice architecture within AWS.
· Strong experience of scalable distributed web software architectural design within B2B models and B2C domains.
· Experience in delivering multiple software architectures such as: SOA, Microservices and DDD.
· 5 years working within the PHP language with Symfony/Laravel as a framework.
· 3 years + of commercial experience with MySQL and Elastic search.
· Elaborate UI design experience.
· Sound understanding of design patterns with SOLID principles.
· Experience and familiarity with TDD and BDD (PHPUnit, Behat, PHPSpec).
· Experience with REST APIs as a producer and consumer.
· Strong understanding of Linux and Apache.
· Experience with Jenkins as version control.
· Experience using source control (GIT)
· BSc/MSc within computer sciences.
The Mid-Level Software Engineer will benefit from having:
· Experience with NoSQL database technologies such as Cassandra and InfluxDB.
· Experience in Typescript,Java, Kotlin or android mobile app development.
· Great understanding of ONAP, OpenAPIs, TMF and ETSI frameworks.
· Past experience in telco domain.
The Mid-Level Software Engineer role comes with perks such as:
· Highly competitive salary
· Great flexibility within the role
· Dynamic and sociable team.